Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday Freebies

I searched far and wide to find a true "free" version of, what I think, is an amazing technology tool...text-to-speech and text-to-mp3 software.

I realize that text-to-speech software has probably been around for a few years and is invaluable to people living with vision loss, but I never realized the availability and value of text-to-mp3 software. Nextup.com offers both free (basic) and paid-for (premium) versions of TextAloud software. With speech-to-mp3 software, you can convert any electronic text document to audio files that can be played on your iPod, mp3 player, and even on your television. I wish I had known this existed when I was studying to write my CFRE exam!

Most of us spend way too much time sitting in front of a computer these days. Convert electronic editions of the newspaper, or those reports you need to review, to mp3 files. Hook up your iPod, lace up your sneakers, and take it outside - enjoy the outdoors while the weather's still great.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment